Thursday, June 21, 2007

Some Colleges Withdraw from U.S.News & World Report Rankings

As reported in the New York Times

The presidents of dozens of liberal arts colleges have decided to stop participating in the annual college rankings by U.S. News and World Report.



I don't think this is a bad thing. When it first came out, I thought it was possibly a good guide for parents to use with their children for selection, but now, I have my doubts, and I have little faith in the rankings. I'm sure it's a big money making issue for U.S. News & World Report, but not a lot of postive information there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rikyrah, you said, now you have your doubts. Please explain why you are doubtful.

I left a message for you under the thread about Eddie Griffin. I want you to e-mail me regarding your idea to do a testamony for the health and wellness blog. If you're too busy and the offer is off the table, that's cool. But please still e-mail me, so we can discuss it.

bradenspeaks@houston.rr.com

Angie