Monday, July 09, 2007

The Mayor of Los Angeles' Complicated Love Life


The other story that had me clicking away this weekend, was the revelation that the Mayor of Los Angeles -Antonio Villaraigosa- was involved in an extramarital relationship with a reporter from Telemundo -Mirthala Salinas. Ms. Salinas has since been suspended by Telemundo.

One has to wonder how this will affect the Mayor's future political ambitions. After all, he was a rising star in Democratic Party circles.

This story has everything: politics, sex, pretty young women, power players.

The links are pretty informative, as were several other articles that I stumbled across:

1. The Los Angeles Times Section Devoted to the Mayor's Relationship. (I kid you not).

2. The Luke Ford Blog - He gets special notice, because he published about the Mayor's Marital Collapse in JANUARY - yes, I said January.

Women to watch
What's New With Antonio

3. New York Daily News about The Other Woman - seems as if The Mayor wasn't her first politician.

4. A really interesting article called Mexican American Princes. Definitely worth the read. I guess you could say it's their equivalent of The Talented Tenth. The Article is also accompanied by a Who's Who of Mexican American Princes - keep your eyes out in the papers for these men.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nunez: "It was a dating relationship that lasted a couple of months"

"dating", huh? LOL

The NYDN story paints this like someone is getting her "Million Man March" swagger on.

rikyrah said...

I thought I was the only one who caught the ' dating' reference. I love it...I dunno...I don't call sleeping with a married man ' dating' - do you?

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

But, to say that she's working her way UP the Political Food Chain is an understatement.