Thursday, August 16, 2007

Changes to Mirror On America

Taking Blog in a Different Direction

I will be attempting to take the blog in a slightly different direction over the next several months. Most readers shouldn't even notice the behind the scenes adjustments. Changes have already started.

The first phase of changes came with the new page layout. Future changes will include adding new co-bloggers. I already have good co-bloggers, but my original plan was to have a diverse group of contributors. Unfortunately, the blogosphere is somewhat segregated, so I found it hard to get the mix that I initially had in mind. Although I will continue to blog about race, I don't want the site to be overly race identified. Identifying as a Black blogger has been like falling through a trap door....once in, you are in a small 8 x 10 box that you can't get out of. I want the blog to look more like what I originally invisioned it to be before I started. I also want to expand/diversify my readership a little more. I will attempt to add 2-3 contributors over the next few months.

Another reason for this is that it has become harder for me to find the time to actually write decent original posts. Usually my best writing ideas are brought on by an itch... and the itch works on its own timetable... I can't schedule this motivation... it comes spontaneously out of the blue. The busier & more distracted I am... the less interest I have in putting decent posts together.

I am looking to possibly add one more African American (or Hispanic) Blogger to replace one person who is no longer active, and I would like to add 1-2 new bloggers.
I also want someone who will specialize in international issues/foreign policy matters. And someone with experience or skills in writing and research. I have always blogged about a variety of issues, but I want to make sure that the content stays diverse....and that there is always something good to read. I have been wanting to expand the site for a while anyway.

Find out more here.

If anyone is interested...or if you know someone who would like to contribute, have them contact me. No huge committment required.... one post per week or 3-5 posts per month would suffice. We already have 2 full-time bloggers (myself and Rikyrah), and one Part-time contributor.

5 comments:

Theo said...

I would love to post on your blog. Check out mine at t3flon.blogspot.com and let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took so long for me to reply to your email. I would be interested in doing some blogging here. Could you give me an example of what type of posts you're looking for?

Brian said...

Andy!

Glad you could stop by. I was hoping that you would send a reply.

A few examples of the kind of blogging I'm looking for:

http://politicalrealm.blogspot.com/2007/10/senate-watch-opportunity-knocks.html

http://politicalrealm.blogspot.com/2007/10/good-and-bad.html

But I enjoy most of the analysis that I have read from your site.

I love the cartoon selections as well.

Send me an e-mail so that I can have an e-mail address for you. I will have to send you the blogger permission and provide you with a little more information.

I'm already looking forward to reading your posts.

My email address:

Websteru2006@yahoo.com

Jayden TC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have just started my own blog/forum called Coonsey's View. I am a Democrat at heart but have found lately that I'm not happy with my own party. I have a couple of conservative views such as giving amnesty to illegal aliens. I'm against doing that.

While I'm busy with my blog, I would enjoy writing for you. I am not a professional writer so be aware of that.

If I'm not what you are looking for, please feel free to come blog/comment on my site sometime. Love to have you.

P.S.
ignore the donna brazile post - I had been doing a search on her when I posted and her name was given as being me. Sorry.