Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Next First Lady: Michelle Obama






As a confessed Michelle-a-holic, this brought me to tears this morning:

From Craig Hickman:

Everyone knows I love Barack. But I love his wife even more.

A Black woman born Michelle LaVaughn Robinson, a descendant of auction blocks and Daughter of the Ghetto, with chocolate-brown skin and wide hips is going to be the First Lady of the United States of America. That completely blows my mind.

Sojourner "Ain't I A Woman?" Truth is dancing



(images by AP or Getty)


I've posted this numerous times over the course of this campaign, but I'm going to have to do it again.

From the comments at Skeptical Brotha, May 2007:

yogo
May 24, 2007 at 1:34 pm


I joke a lot about these two, but something sticks out at me about the whole campaign. especially after seeing this interview:

I like her. And not because of any strong this and that, she just seems genuine.

Is America ready for a First Lady who looks like her? A regular black woman? Not a passable biracial curly girl that they call black, but a regular black woman from the south side of Chicago? With dark skin?

Is she going to be the face of The Woman on the largest pedestal in the country? A self-confessed “loud-mouth” black woman?

If they succeed, it turns white supremacy upside down. And not, in my opinion, because a black man is in the White House, it’s because a black woman is in there. And she didn’t have to come in the back door to lie in bed with the president.



FIRST LADY Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama

No comments: